Uplanders have the ability to define their own home address within Upland. If you only own a few properties or even thousands of properties, everyone has their favorite one. Where do you want to live? What community are you a part of, and what kind of influence do you want to have on that community and neighborhood? Players who define their own home address will be able to obtain voting rights and the ability to have a say in things that relate to your neighborhood, city, and even all of Upland! In order to define your home and vote you will have to verify your identity. Learn more here about the KYC process (know your customer).
If you are part of a node – a community of players who develop a specific neighborhood, which is deciding what type of business you can have in the neighborhood, what color and type of structures are allowed, and even more important things in the future. With the ability to define your home address, there will be voting mechanics within Upland that allow the players who identify with the neighborhood and who are the most active and committed to it to have an influence on these important decisions.
Go to the end of this page to understand the entire process. Its possible in the future that if you decide to travel outside your home city for an extended period of time, it’s likely you will have to also wait a period of time after returning to your home city before you can vote again. All this is designed in order to reward players who remain committed and connected to one specific neighborhood and city.
Once you define your home address, you will receive a downloadable image that can be used as a personal profile picture (PFP) in social media platforms such as discord, twitter, Instagram, etc. Below is my very first Upland Profile picture as an example – it includes the name of both the city and neighborhood, and my custom block explorer of Dale the Llama with the city outline in the background. This added feature of owning a custom block explorer incentives players to reach director status. One’s profile picture is meant to represent them – whether it be an actual picture of themselves, or an example like the image above. In the web 3.0 and NFT space, there is a trend that is becoming frequent where people use an NFT that they own as their profile picture. People are part of communities such as the Bored Ape Yacht Club, or World of Women, and others, and they want to present to the world that they are part of this community. Twitter even has integrated the functionality that verifies that a specific NFT is one that someone owns, thus ensuring that other players can easily verify that the NFT is actually theirs, and not just a screenshot of it. This was done by ensuring that the verified NFT that is the PFP is displayed as a hexagon and not a circle.
With this ability, it only makes sense that one would want to choose a custom director block explorer that one would be proud to own, show off, and something that represents them either in the real world or within the metaverse – after all, this is your identity! It is important for people to connect and feel part of a community. Having your own unique identity within the metaverse is something that should be important to everyone. Watch this video to see why I chose Wrigleyville as my home neighborhood.
Process of setting your permanent residence
- Publicly display membership to a specific neighborhood in Upland.
- Vote on matters that pertain to that neighborhood, city, and all of Upland
- By defining the neighborhood as your home, you are increasing the rating of it as neighborhoods with the highest ratings will spawn new collections. Learn more about the introduction to neighborhood ratings here.
- An Upland account with Uplander status or higher.
- Tilia - as a prerequisite, you will have to complete the know-your-customer (KYC) identification process with them prior to defining your Upland Home. To begin this process, attempt to list a property for sale for USD to begin the identification process.
- If you are already verified, only you are required in this process.
- You must have a completed structure on a property you own in the specific neighborhood (in the future, players will have the opportunity rent out a structure and use it as their permanent residence)
- The structure must be a residential structure with living units (not a factory, etc.). The structure must not be a metaventure.
- You will be able to customize your own downloadable profile picture, like the one below. It includes your block explorer, with the city layout underneath, and the neighborhood and city names displayed. The background color is customizable.
- Your Upland home address will be set, and visible in your profile to all other players
- You have the ability to vote - not only within your neighborhood, but in your home city, and all of Upland.
- Increase to the neighborhood score (unclear how this will be calculated).
Follow the steps below, or watch the video.
- Click on your profile
- Under Upland Home Address click set
- Choose the property you wish to define your address. (Ensure there is no metaventure on it, and that it is not listed for sale)
- If necessary, edit your block explorer to customize the background color, or change your explorer.
- On your main profile, click "download profile picture". This will be saved to your device and can then be shared on social media platforms.
- After changing an address, there is a 24-hour waiting period before changing again.
- After changing an address, there is a 30-day cooldown before the player can vote in their new neighborhood.
- Upland Home Addresses can’t be swapped or listed for sale.
- Players may change their Upland Home Address infinitely.