Uplanders have the ability to define their own home address within Upland. If you only own a few properties or even thousands of properties, everyone has their favorite one. Where do you want to live? What community are you a part of, and what kind of influence do you want to have on that community and neighborhood? Players who define their own home address will be able to obtain voting rights and the ability to have a say in things that relate to your neighborhood, city, and even all of Upland! In order to define your home and vote you will have to verify your identity. Learn more here about the KYC process (know your customer).
After setting your home address, you will be able to download a profile picture that includes your neighborhood as well as your block explorer. Learn more about that and how to create your metaverse identity here.
If you are part of a node – a community of players who develop a specific neighborhood, which is deciding what type of business you can have in the neighborhood, what color and type of structures are allowed, and even more important things in the future. With the ability to define your home address, there are voting mechanics within Upland that allow the players who identify with the neighborhood and who are the most active and committed to it to have an influence on these important decisions.
Its possible in the future that if you decide to travel outside your home city for an extended period of time, it’s likely you will have to also wait a period of time after returning to your home city before you can vote again. All this is designed in order to reward players who remain committed and connected to one specific neighborhood and city.
Watch this video to see why I chose Wrigleyville as my home neighborhood.
Process of setting your permanent residence
- Publicly display membership to a specific neighborhood in Upland.
- Vote on matters that pertain to that neighborhood, city, and all of Upland
- By defining the neighborhood as your home, you are increasing the rating of it as neighborhoods with the highest ratings will spawn new collections. Learn more about the introduction to neighborhood ratings here.
- An Upland account with Uplander status or higher.
- Tilia - as a prerequisite, you will have to complete the know-your-customer (KYC) identification process with them prior to defining your Upland Home. To begin this process, attempt to list a property for sale for USD to begin the identification process.
- If you are already verified, only you are required in this process.
- You must have a completed structure on a property you own in the specific neighborhood (in the future, players will have the opportunity rent out a structure and use it as their permanent residence)
- The structure must be a residential structure with living units (not a factory, etc.). The structure must not be a metaventure.
- You will be able to customize your own downloadable profile picture, like the one below. It includes your block explorer, with the city layout underneath, and the neighborhood and city names displayed. The background color is customizable.
- Your Upland home address will be set, and visible in your profile to all other players
- You have the ability to vote - not only within your neighborhood, but in your home city, and all of Upland.
- Increase to the neighborhood score (unclear how this will be calculated).
Follow the steps below, or watch the video.
- Click on your profile
- Under Upland Home Address click set
- Choose the property you wish to define your address. (Ensure there is no metaventure on it, and that it is not listed for sale)
- If necessary, edit your block explorer to customize the background color, or change your explorer.
- On your main profile, click "download profile picture". This will be saved to your device and can then be shared on social media platforms.
- After changing an address, there is a 24-hour waiting period before changing again.
- After changing an address, there is a 30-day cooldown before the player can vote in their new neighborhood.
- Upland Home Addresses can’t be swapped or listed for sale.
- Players may change their Upland Home Address infinitely.