You begin in Upland as a visitor and as your net worth increases, so does your status within the game. Read here about the different statuses and bonuses for reaching them. As you begin to level up, your strategy is subject to change as you will see that you have more properties and options. Take a moment to review Dale the Llama’s strategy checklist to help you better narrow down your options. The following are some of the most common types of strategies one can adopt. If you are looking to ensure you get the best start possible – tailor made to your personal strategy, email us to inquire about our personal 1 on 1 Upland consulting sessions.
If you gave some thought to the styles of play above, your next step is to decide how much money you are comfortable investing in your first purchase. There is no need to purchase UPX immediately, however there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Upland Guide is not financial advisors.
- Do not invest any money in the game that you cannot afford to lose. Do not expect to “get rich quick”. It can be done, but there are two sides to every coin. Expect to make mistakes as you begin to learn to play. Hopefully these mistakes won’t be big ones. Here are the basic new player mistakes to avoid.
- If you sign up for Upland with our referral code, remember that there are a number of promotions the Upland Guide offers you. You don’t have to capitalize on the bonuses immediately.
- If you are already thinking about how you are going to cash out, keep in mind that when listing a property for sale for USD you must have owned it for a minimum of 30 days (for uplanders). As you level up your status, the number of days decreases. Regardless of your status, you must hold an FSA property for 6 months before selling for USD.
- The city you choose to start in is based on your initial strategy and the amount of money you are interested in starting with. Feel free to chat with us (click the blue button in the bottom right). Let us know your starting strategy and how much money you want to start with and we can advise a good starting city for you.
If you think you are ready to dive into the Metaverse, take this quick quiz to make sure you have the basic understanding of the fundamentals before starting. It can prevent you from making mistakes. Check out our YouTube playlist for new players to learn the basics. Make sure to join the Upland Guide Discord server as well.