KYC stands for know your customer – the process required for players to verify their identity through a 3rd party service provider – Tilia. It is important for Upland to have players go through this process as it can prevent multi accounting, and it is also required if you wish to sell assets for USD. Here is a list of activities that can be done in Upland only if you have gone through the KYC process:
- Earn 1900 UPX by completing certain starter missions.
- Vote in the metaverse
- Set your Upland home
- List an asset for sale for USD
- Connect your crypto wallet to your Upland account
- Open a metaventure
- List items for sale in a metaventure
- Compete in competitive treasure hunting – (exclusive and rare)
- Earn spark through treasure hunting, daily login bonuses, leveling up your status during spark week, contests, and more.
- Apply for a custom 1 of 1 director block explorer, or executive map asset item at city hall.
Below is the process required to begin the KYC process through Tilia.