To travel in Upland, you can watch our YouTube video at the bottom of this page where we go into detail covering common mistakes, tips and tricks.
To fully understand how to do this, learn about each of the steps below:
- What resources are required?
- Who is involved?
- What inputs are received?
- What outputs are produced?
- How is it done?
- Why do this? What are the objectives?
What resources are required?
Make sure you have enough sends and UPX to get where you are going.
Who is involved?
You are the only person involved.
What inputs are required?
Know what city you are in and where you want to go. No need to know any intermediary cities, even if a layover is required.
What are the outputs?
After completing your journey, you will end up in your destination!
How is it done?
- Use the Upland Guide Discord Travel Bot to help you find both the fastest and cheapest routes between the two cities. Watch this video on how it works.
Note that the times and prices the bot provides you with do NOT take into account sends or visit costs to terminals, nor does it take into account the time it takes from disembarkment to the time it takes you to purchase a ticket on your next leg of the journey.
- Click the relevant transportation terminal in the city you are currently in.
- Send yourself to the transportation terminal. Pro tip – if the send costs are too high, you might be able to find an adjacent property to the terminal with cheaper visit fees that will still put you in range of the terminal itself.
- Purchase a travel ticket
- Begin Travel
- Disembark and go to step 2 if you are continuing your travels.
See some FAQs below
If you ran out of sends or have less than 3, after 24 hours, Upland will replenish those 3 sends. You are able to hold a maximum of 11 sends at any given time, and you can collect 40 sends in one day. It is ill advised to use your last send without sending yourself to another airplane to collect more sends. This is especially critical during new city releases. Read more about sends here.
- If you are using a firefox browser, there is a known bug regarding your ability to collect sends. Try using a different browser or the mobile app.
- You already have the maximum number of sends you can collect
- Your block explorer is not in range of the airplane. Send yourself to a minted property close to the send in order to collect it.
In order to get to the NYC airport, you must be in Manhattan. From there, zoom out and click on the airport which is to the east of Brooklyn to send yourself there. If The New York airport was your destination once you disembark, you must send yourself to a property in Manhattan. Watch the YouTube video below.
Why do this? What are the objectives?
- Participate in a new city release. Learn how to prepare for a new city release.
- Mint properties – watch our YouTube video.
- Visit a stadium to mint legits. Learn about NFL Player Legits here.
- Treasure hunt
- Participate in Upland tours or other events
- Travel to City Hall (San Francisco), in order to: