It would be pretty cool if there was a racetrack driving by your home. Aside from the noise, the excitement of seeing race cars compete without having to leave the comfort of your own home sounds like a lot of fun. With the Upland metaverse being mapped to the real world, players have the ability to design their own racetracks. You and your friends can create competitions and compete for pride, honor, UPX and other great prizes in the future. Every time a race is held, the owner of the track will receive a royalty. Learn about all the other ways you can earn in the metaverse. Learn about the process of creating a race track below, and browse the different types and sizes of speedway metaventures and how to create a racetrack here.
Players will be able to race both cars and karts on these tracks. Karts will be in general cheaper than cars. The primary differences between them are that players who design karts have much more freedom in their design of the karts, and that karts are for racing only. They do not have the utility to ship goods or transport players across the metaverse. Learn more about the differences in this video.
Below is the process for registering and getting your speedway metaventure approved. For an introduction to registering for metaventures, click here.
- Create a community around racing both vehicles and karts, and a way to create exciting competitions and contests for players that live in that city and neighborhood (virtually, of course).
- The speedway owner will earn royalties when the track is utilized.
- A minimum amount of spark at the time the application is submitted, and the required spark hours in order to complete construction of the speedway structure. More details here.
- Own at least 4 Properties (1 at the starting line and 3 additional properties along the race track). Note that the starting address must be a property large enough to hold the speedway structure. See link above for more details.
- The properties must not be listed for sale or on trade offer.
- The website Geojson.io in a web browser to create the track. This file will need to be submitted to Upland as part of the registration process.
- The property that will be used for the Speedway Structure does not contain any existing structures or assets and is directly adjacent to the starting line of the race track. The track must meet the track length requirements allowed by the Speedway Structure
- Required UPX to pay venture dues.
- The address of the starting point of the racetrack. (This property must be owned by you and without an existing structure). The address of 3 additional properties you own along the racetrack
- Track name - must be 20 characters or less (including spaces, and no special characters).
- A track designed that meets the following requirements:
- Track must remain as a closed loop. No part of the track may overlap with another part of the track.
- The property that will be used for the Speedway Structure does not contain any existing structures or map assets and is directly adjacent to the starting line of the race track. The track must meet the track length requirements allowed by the Speedway Structure
- The geojson file that includes the racetrack route. Learn how to create this file here.
- An approved Speedway Metaventure
- Upon approval, the Upland Team will assign the Speedway Structure on the property where the start line was defined. Following this, the player will be able to initiate construction of their Speedway Structure and stake Spark.
After preparing all the information listed above, fill out this form. In the future we can expect the registration process to be similar to that of other metaventures which is detialed below:
- Travel to the city hall located in the city where you wish to open your metaventure. The city hall can easily identified on the map, as it is located at the property attached to this icon.
- Fill out the relevant form.
- You will be notified by email that your application has been successfully submitted.
- The Upland team will notify applicants via email of their approval or denial for a Speedway Metaventure within 8 to 12 weeks of submitting their application.
Back to metaventure home