NFL Player Mementos are one of a kind Legits that are minted following a specific game that the player played in. These Legits include some of the player statistics from his performance. These mementos increase your fan points and are a great addition to include in your collections to gain an additional boost in your fan points. Having a high fan points ranking for a specific team will increase your chances in being able to mint mementos during the early sale as well as to receive autographs from players on that team. Read here about the functionality and utility of these Legits in Upland. If you still are not sure how NFL Player Legits work, click here to learn how to get started.
Follow this list to understand the process of minting Mementos. You can also watch us walk you through it on our YouTube video.
- Collect unique 1 of 1 Mementos of your favorite NFL Players
- Complete collections to increase your fan score
- Increase your Fan Score. Watch this video that details the following reasons you would want to increase your fan score.
- Top the leaderboard
- Increase chance to get your Legit Autographed (future feature)
- Increase chance to mint a spotlight (future feature)
- Receive bonus for making collections (future feature)
- Buy, sell, trade, have fun with Legits!
- Legits of the team that you want to mint (Having a higher fan score of a specific team will increase your likelihood of being one of the first to mint memetos of that team if you register early for the memento sale)
- UPX and sends required to travel to the city and stadium.
- UPX to mint the legit
- Upland Guide Travel bot to find the cheapest and fastest route to the stadium.
Only you are required to register and mint mementos
- You must know the registration time, and stadium address of where the game is being played.
- You must travel to the stadium to mint the Mementos (but not to register)
- You must have the necessary UPX and sends to travel to the stadium
- Required UPX to mint the Memento
- The memento you purchased with its specific statistics minted to it from that specific game. Note that the delivery of the memento itself takes a number of days after the game has been played.
- An increase in fan score from that specific memento
- A temporary decrease in fan score if you are part of the top 100 players for that team in the early sale.
- Plan your week - The majority of NFL games are played on Sundays, and some played on Thursday and Mondays. The NFL "week" starts on Thursdays. In order to register to mint a memento you must go to the team's stadium or temporary fan store where the game is being played (no need to actually send your block explorer there). Here is a list of addresses for each team. You are only able to register for one team at each location per day (every 24 hours). This means if Chicago is playing Green Bay, you will only be able to register for either of these teams, not both because they are in the same division and their home stadium is Chicago. Once the city of Green Bay will enter the Upland Metaverse, minting Green Bay Mementos will be done in Green Bay. Continuing with this same example, if another game takes place including teams that call Chicago home on that same day, you will not be able to register for either of those teams. Decide what teams you want to line up for several days before the first game on Thursday.
- Google NFL schedule to find out the teams that are playing and who is the home team.
- Use the Upland Guide Discord Server - we have an NFL bot where you can see what Upland stadium is hosting that specific game. Make sure to head over to the "Claim Roles" channel to opt in to the section
- Check out the early bird registration time. Click the menu > NFLPA Legits > Stadiums to check when you can register. The first 200 players to register for each team will get a temporary early bird boost to their fan score, so be prepared. Through the menu you are also able to see what time the Early sale begin.
- Register - select your team and click register. After the registration period ends, you will receive an email telling you what spot in line you are for minting mementos as part of the early sale
- Increase your fan score (optional) - You may decide you want to collect more Legits and increase your fan score for the team you are hoping to mint a Memento from. You are able to continue to buy or trade Legits up until the registration period ends. Only at that point are the fan scores finalized and your spot in line determined.
- Create a shopping list - Think of which player's Memento you want to mint. Have a plan B, C, D, etc. as there are other players in the store along with you at the same time, so make sure to be decisive when it is your turn to enter the store.
- Collect sends - Make sure you have enough in game sends before you start travelling to mint the mementos. Learn about sends and collecting them here.
- Travel - Check travel times to ensure that you are close enough to where the game is being played in order to travel in time to mint your Memento. Travel to the first city you want to register to mint Mementos for. Again, use our Discord Travel bot. It will tell you both the cheapest and fastest routes between any two cities in Upland. Read here to learn how to travel between cities.
IMPORTANT! Make sure you are traveling to the representative stadium where the home team is playing. For example if you looking to mint Mementos of New Orleans players in game #14 (New Orleans @ Tampa Bay) you must travel to the city that calls Tampa Bay its home. The picture below is from the New Orleans NFLPA store and shows the registration countdown for Game #15 between New Orleans vs. Miami. Game #14 has yet to be played but the registration time is for the upcoming HOME game. If you were to travel to the Tampa Bay NFLPA store, Game #14 would be listed as Tampa Bay vs. New Orleans. This means that Tampa bay is the home team and hosting New Orleans. New Orleans @ Tampa Bay indicates that New Orleans is playing the game at Tampa Bay's stadium.
- Travel to the stadium / store - Once you arrived at the city, send your self to the stadium/NFLPA store.
- Mint Memento as part of the early sale - Based on your spot in the lineup, you will receive a notification when it is your turn in line to mint a memento from the team you registered for. Mementos are limited while supplies last, so make sure to increase your fan score and get in on early bird registration to increase your chances of minting a Memento.
If you happened to be in the top 100 spots in line for the early sale you will have a fan score penalty for that specific team. Your fan score will temporarily be decreased for any of the next four games for that same team. If in the subsequent weeks while still having a penalized fan score, you are again selected among the top 100, the fan score penalty will stack. Please also note that the penalty is higher depending on your position; players who are 1st in line will receive the highest penalty.
- Mint Memento as part of the limited sale - At the end of the early sale if there are still Mementos available to mint, any player will be able to mint them. After you mint one, there will be a 5 minute cool down period before you will be able to mint again.
- Mint Memento as part of the unlimited sale - If there are still Mementos available after the limited sale, typically several hours after the football game ends, players can mint Mementos from either team without a cool down restriction. This sale will last up to 48 hours after the game ends.
- Cheer for your team and player - Watch the game, cheer on the player you minted a legit of. Hope he has a career game, as his statistics will be inscribed on the one of a kind Memento. You might be able to get it autographed in the future!
- Receive your Memento - Mementos minted are delivered within 3 business days. If for whatever reason the player you minted a Memento for did not dress in the game, Upland will refund your purchase.