NFL Player Mementos are one of a kind Legits that are minted following a specific game that the player played in. These Legits include some of the player statistics from his performance. These mementos increase your fan points and are a great addition to include in your collections to gain an additional boost in your fan points. Having a high fan points ranking for a specific team will increase your chances in being able to mint mementos during the early sale as well as to receive autographs from players on that team. Read here about the functionality and utility of these Legits in Upland. If you still are not sure how NFL Player Legits work, click here to learn how to get started.
Follow this checklist to understand the process of minting Mementos
- Plan your week – The majority of NFL games are played on Sundays, and some played on Thursday and Mondays. The NFL “week” starts on Thursdays. In order to register to mint a memento you must send yourself to the team’s stadium or temporary fan store. Here is a list of addresses for each team. You are only able to register for one team at each location per day (every 24 hours). This means if Chicago is playing Green Bay, you will only be able to register for either of these teams, not both because they are in the same division and their home stadium is Chicago. Once the city of Green Bay will enter the Upland Metaverse, minting Green Bay Mementos will be done in Green Bay. Continuing with this same example, if another game takes place including teams that call Chicago home on that same day, you will not be able to register for either of those teams. Decide what teams you want to line up for several days before the first game on Thursday.
- Use the Upland Guide Discord Server – we have an NFL bot where you can see upcoming NFL schedules, scores, stats, and news. Make sure to head over to the “Claim Roles” channel to opt in to the section
- Check out the early bird registration time. Click the menu > NFLPA Legits > Stadiums to check when you can register. The first 200 players to register for each team will get a temporary early bird boost to their fan score, so be prepared. Through the menu you are also able to see what time the Early sale begin.
- Collect sends – Make sure you have enough in game sends before you start travelling. Learn about sends and collecting them here.
- Travel – Travel to the first city you want to register to mint Mementos for. Again, use our Discord Travel bot. It will tell you both the cheapest and fastest routes between any two cities in Upland. Read here to learn how to travel between cities.
IMPORTANT! Make sure you are traveling to the representative stadium where the home team is playing. For example if you looking to mint Mementos of New Orleans players in game #14 (New Orleans @ Tampa Bay) you must travel to the city that calls Tampa Bay its home. The picture below is from the New Orleans NFLPA store and shows the registration countdown for Game #15 between New Orleans vs. Miami. Game #14 has yet to be played but the registration time is for the upcoming HOME game. If you were to travel to the Tampa Bay NFLPA store, Game #14 would be listed as Tampa Bay vs. New Orleans. This means that Tampa bay is the home team and hosting New Orleans. New Orleans @ Tampa Bay indicates that New Orleans is playing the game at Tampa Bay’s stadium.
- Travel to the stadium / store – Once you arrived at the city, send your self to the stadium/NFLPA store.
- Register – before registering make sure you are on the web version of the game. Using the mobile app will not work! Send your block explorer to the temporary shop or stadium. Select your team, and click register. While you are inside the shop, your block explorer will not leave the location. Once the registration period ends, you will receive an email notifying you your spot in the lineup.
- Increase your fan score (optional) – You may decide you want to collect more Legits and increase your fan score for the team you are hoping to mint a Memento from. You are able to continue to buy (future mechanic) or trade Legits up until the registration period ends and the lineup is drawn. Only at that point are the fan scores calculated.
- Create a shopping list – Think of which player’s Memento you want to mint. Have a plan B, C, D, etc. as there are other players in the store along with you at the same time, so make sure to be decisive when it is your turn to enter the store. If you aren’t familiar with the players, the Upland Guide has compiled a list of the players based on the 2020 Legits season including player rankings. This will assist players who are not familiar with the sport a basic metric to be able to compare players.
- Mint Memento as part of the early sale – Based on your spot in the lineup, you will receive a notification when it is your turn in line to mint a memento from the team you registered for. Mementos are limited while supplies last, so make sure to increase your fan score and get in on early bird registration to increase your chances of minting a Memento.
If you happened to be in the top 100 spots in line for the early sale you will have a fan score penalty for that specific team. Your fan score will temporarily be decreased for any of the next four games for that same team. If in the subsequent weeks while still having a penalized fan score, you are again selected among the top 100, the fan score penalty will stack. Please also note that the penalty is higher depending on your position; players who are 1st in line will receive the highest penalty.
- Mint Memento as part of the limited sale – At the end of the early sale if there are still Mementos available to mint, any player will be able to mint them. After you mint one, there will be a 5 minute cool down period before you will be able to mint again.
- Mint Memento as part of the unlimited sale – If there are still Mementos available after the limited sale, typically several hours after the football game ends, players can mint Mementos from either team without a cool down restriction. This sale will last up to 48 hours after the game ends.
- Cheer for your team and player – Watch the game, cheer on the player you minted a legit of. Hope he has a career game, as his statistics will be inscribed on the one of a kind Memento. You might be able to get it autographed in the future!
- Receive your Memento – Mementos minted are delivered within 3 business days. If for whatever reason the player you minted a Memento for did not dress in the game, Upland will refund your purchase.